BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How do you deal with multiple WE?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I've changed a few shortcuts and saved the changes as a new complete WE. Our regular WE is named LARK 21 and this new one is named LARK 21a (yup...creative highlight...haha). Since all parts of the WE (except the shortcuts) are the same I end up with multiple instances (see attach). I don't want to make new renamed copies of the other parts but I guess I have to...any other idea?
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I haven't tried this, but the overall WE is made up of all the little subparts, so I think you can just mix and match?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
I think the duplicates are because you have managed to IMPORT the same scheme or entire work environment more than once.
If you go up the list to the main work environment you can see the schemes that it is using and you can EDIT the WE to change the scheme.
If you are happy with it as it is take note of them and then delete the other duplicate schemes.

Because they all seem to have the same name and even the appended date, it might be a good idea to rename the duplicate schemes in each section so you can see exactly which ones the main work environment is using.
Then delete those that aren't being used to tidy things up.
Then rename back to a proper name if you need to.

Of course don't save your file unless you are happy with the end result.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I guess I need to rename all parts of the WE even if they are not changed to avoid this. Like Erwin write I can mix and match and I do so myself but when trying to implement changes in a large company you can't imagine all crazy stuff that happens. Nothing is ever easy... We have 2 running WE, one for regular work and one cleaner for presentation and now one for testing the new shortcuts. I could only imagine the chaos if I took away the old shortcuts completely...I would end up in a ditch somewhere...
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For presentations with screen share skype calls we use Window > Hide Palettes and Toolbars

You have the pull down navigator top right and the quick options at the bottom for switching layer combo and the like. Have you tried this?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
For presentations with screen share skype calls we use Window > Hide Palettes and Toolbars

You have the pull down navigator top right and the quick options at the bottom for switching layer combo and the like. Have you tried this?
Yes, that's my preferred way since decades. It is really easy IMHO but one dedicated button is even easier for our many users. However I did a copy of every WE part for the new WE to avoid these oddities. It's a small thing but I was just curious.
AC 25 SWE Full

Learn and get certified!