BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How the changes in the template will effect in the drawing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If we created a drawing (ex: drawing1) with a template (ex: Template1). Then if we modified template and saved as same name (ex: Template1) how the drawing (drawing1) will modified with this changes in the template? (how the modifications in the template will effect drawings create prier to the template modified?)
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
Modifying a template will not affect any files created from the template prior to the modifications. The template only serves as a starting point for the file. There is no connection between the two thereafter.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanking you for quick replay.

We have a template with all the view map, layout book and publisher set information and we created few(100) drawings based on that template. Unfortunately our client want more information from the drawing (more different pdfs). It is very tedious process to change every drawing view map, layout book and publisher sets and again our clint my change his requirements, we don't want to do this again. so, is there any other way can we achieve this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can save your modified file as another template for future work, but the old file will not inherit the changes.
Erika Epstein
Booster
If I understand correctly, you want to add views to the file you currently have.
An alternative is to bring the model into the newer version of your template if that has all the views you want.
The annotated information in the section/elevation window will be lost, but this may or may not be faster to recreated this information in the new file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!