BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to avoid this with 3D dwg import?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I saw the thread about .3ds and that could be the solution to my problem with importing 3D dwg objects. As shown in the attached image not all of the 3D surfaces from in my case Rhino gets converted to a mesh object (the holes in the column). I suspect this has to do with inflexion points. A mesh object cant have two z-coordinates in the same x,z.

I've downloaded the 3ds apx and will try that with AC8 but I wonder if there's any way to get a dwg to work the way I want!?

Best regards,

Mats

Btw. Rhino is really a joy. I made a column with different ellipsiod base and top in less than a minute...I think we have to buy a license soon...
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the 3ds apx and it works fine with AC8. No more 3D-dwg...
Djordje
Ace
mathome wrote:
Btw. Rhino is really a joy. I made a column with different ellipsiod base and top in less than a minute...I think we have to buy a license soon...
Buy ArchiForma first. Takes also less than a minute. You get editable GDL object. No triangulation etc.

When you need NURBS, then, OK, Rhino. As long as you don't - there is nothing that cannot be done with ArchiForma.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Buy ArchiForma first. Takes also less than a minute. You get editable GDL object. No triangulation etc.

When you need NURBS, then, OK, Rhino. As long as you don't - there is nothing that cannot be done with ArchiForma.
OK!
I have to admit I didn't know ArchiForma had become useful...my old version is collecting dust somewhere in my drawer. I have to update myself!
Djordje
Ace
mathome wrote:
I have to admit I didn't know ArchiForma had become useful...my old version is collecting dust somewhere in my drawer. I have to update myself!
This particular shape was a part of the tutrial of the first ArchiForma ... 😉 But hwo RTFMs these days, huh? 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!