BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to create DXF file with sections, stories, & elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I need to send my engineer a DXF file that contains all of my layers, sections, stories and elevations. I quickly figured out how to incorporate all of the layers, but I have been unable to figure out how to incorporate the other three. I am using Archicad 13, student version.
Thanks,
Spartan
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
A student sending files to an engineer

You will need to send each storey, section elevation view as a separate DXF file.
This can be automated in Publisher so you set the views up once, set them to publish as a DXF and then just publish that publisher set when ever you need them.

There is a new feature to merge DWG/DXF files when publishing them but I think this is a version 14 feature only and i haven't explored it so don't really know how it works.

Another option wmight be to creat layout pages of your views and publish those as DXF.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry.
I just sent my engineer a zip file with all of the relevant stories and sections.
In response to your comment "a student sending an engineer..." I recently enrolled in a local community college to learn about building science (I also took an Archicad class) and set about building a home for myself and my wife. You can see plans and details at our blog: http://spartanandhannah.wordpress.com.
Karl Ottenstein
Spartan wrote:
Thank you Barry.
I just sent my engineer a zip file with all of the relevant stories and sections.
In response to your comment "a student sending an engineer..." I recently enrolled in a local community college to learn about building science (I also took an Archicad class) and set about building a home for myself and my wife. You can see plans and details at our blog: http://spartanandhannah.wordpress.com.
Good to hear that there is a community college teaching ArchiCAD. Enjoyed browsing through your blog, Spartan, and congratulations for what you've accomplished. Good that you've gotten a structural engineer involved.

Do feel free to post any questions on the appropriate forums here if you have any more.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!