Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to create an exterior wall schedule by orientation (AC 23)

Scott Newland
Participant
I've been trying to create a simple interactive schedule that summarizes exterior walls in a certain way. I'd like it to show the gross wall area, the total area of any windows within that wall, the total area of any doors within that wall, and the net wall area once the windows and doors are removed. I'd like to do that by orientation (north, south, east, west). It seems like I'll need to 4 separate schedules and that's fine, but when I try to add the Orientation Criteria for the wall (per the wall's Classification and Properties / Design and File Organization / Orientation) the schedule goes blank. Help!
The reason I'm trying to do this is to aid the HVAC contractors in their heat loss/gain calculations.
NOTE: The attachment is from a previous various on of this post.
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
3 REPLIES 3
Hello Scott Newland,

Often we have to define the orientations of each wall because sometimes a window / door facing south can actually be considered as facing south east or south west.
Each time I do this I define after all my wall orientations and then I do a schedule about windows/doors through the right wall orientations. Finaly I'm able to add glazing area by orientation. (since AC20)
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Of course, Layer Extensions and Layer Combinations are a convenient way to help to sort walls too. You could use a layer extension to indicate Compass orientation vs Project orientation. Even Renovation Filters can be used for this.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

I would just add a text property (drop-down with N/E/S/W) and apply that property to each wall, rather than trying to use the actual orientation of the wall. Then do a sub-sort on that property.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10