BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to export from illustrator to Archicad without disconnected paths?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I'm working with illustrator and I export my files to archicad, but there are cuts in all the paths.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I have checked that there are no cuts in paths in illustrator but when I export the path is not joined anymore.

Is there anyone who had similar issue and found a way to deal with this?

Thank u very much!

- Aleksi
2 REPLIES 2
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Hey Aleksi, how are you importing the illustrator drawings into Archicad? As pdfs? I have never tried to import anything from AI to AC but I do use both programs and would be happy to investigate a little. Could you perhaps share your AI file and maybe tell a bit more about your goal for importing it into AC?
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure your Paths in Illustrator are joined and not just grouped? Other than that, you can try to export your linework as a DWG from Illustrator if you haven't done that already.

For me works both to get a polyline from a "joined" path from Illustrator into Archicad:
1/ saving as PDF from AI, placing as drawing in AC and exploding
2/ exporting as DWG from AI and opening in Archicad

Depending on how complex is your linework, you can also just join lines into polylines in Archicad...
Learn and get certified!