Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to get Master Layout name as autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, with every new update I look for the possibility to retrieve the name of the used master layout as autotext on different layouts. I have also asked our local support service (Norway), but no luck.
I have made our office specific title block as a gdl-object, with text (mostly autotext) and lines, and then added the block to different master layouts (A1, A2, A3, A4, landscape and portrait). When we publish PDFs, the client sometimes prints A1 or A2 as A3 or A4, and this makes the scale wrong. Thus it would be nice to include the name of the master layout as autotext in our title block-object, to avoid any confusion. Is there a code to retrieve this? Everything else seems available, so maybe it's even possible to include this in a new build?

Regards
David
www.meter-as.no
17 REPLIES 17
Until the new Wishes/Ideas function is implemented, Likes are how we vote for wishes in the new Community.

Who is going to separate between the cute cat GIFs and the useful wishes? Many comments are liked that are "just" opinions or funny/helpful content and have nothing to do with wishes. Gordana wrote, that sometime in the future wishes will get implemented again.

...I wonder why companies roll out new stuff with noticeable regressions over the existing solution.:(

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear all,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas regarding this wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4297). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

The easiest fix for me would be to add the 'Layout info scheme' to the master layouts too.

It is very easy to add things here and they automatically get added to the autotext fields.

Currently we set the page size for each layout individually, since we also use this for our layout index.

You can sort your layout with 'tree by master' and then quickly manually set all the page sizes. It's still a hassle though. Would be much preferred to setup the 'properties' of a master instead and leave layout specific things to the layout book.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

YESSS!!! 😄

Thank you so much, Nguyen! This is very good news!

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

Mac Studio (2022) - Apple M1 Ultra
macOS Monterey 12.4

Hi, any updates on this? 

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

macOS Monterey 12.4

Seems like AC 26 has this feature, I just looked at the video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/1Atigka6-wc?t=180

I will have to wait for our local version to be downloaded, but i hope/think this was spot on!

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

macOS Monterey 12.4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, it does, there are seven new Layout and Master Layout-related Autotexts in Archicad 26:

• Master Layout Height
  • Master Layout Name
  • Master Layout Width
  • Layout Number in Current Subset
  • Layout Number in Top Subset
  • Number of Layouts in Current Subset
  • Number of Layouts in Top Subset

AC26-NewLayoutAutotexts.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

This is a good news, Im

Thanks, I'm glad this one got hammered out. There are so many small improvements that could make the life so much more comfortable.

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7