Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to import colorful google earth snapshot

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not good to import google earth snapshot just white and black with bad resolution i want to know if there is a method to import google earth full colored with high resolution in version archicad 13 i am using google earth connections addons in archicad please help me in the resolution imported i have google earth pro with high resolution whyt it is bad resolution in archicad and not colored[list=]
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I do is take screenshots in Google Earth, assemble them in Photoshop, and then use the image as a background and/or a material texture in ArchiCAD.

I don't have Google Earth Pro so I'm not sure how that might help.
Karl Ottenstein
Yes. Before or after grabbing the terrain with the add-on, being sure that you do NOT move your viewpoint in Google Earth by even one pixel, use the File > Save Image (something like that) menu to save a color image of what is seen in Google Earth. Find the black and white image that the add-on created and loaded in your libraries and replace it with this color one.

Often, things look better if you adjust the levels/etc of the color image in Photoshop or some other image software if the results still do not look satisfactory.

Cheers,
Karl

PS If you do not want the scale, north symbol and other Google info, turn that off in GE before capturing anything. You cannot eliminate the main Google logo though (although if it is disruptive, you can mask it by editing the image in Photoshop/etc.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB