Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to reference IfcSlab with IfcRelSpaceBoundary

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

Currently we are exporting to IFC data format at Archicad 20.

I want to output building elements (wall, slab, ceiling etc.) to IfcRelSpaceBoundary.

However, in many cases walls are output, but slabs and ceilings are not output.

For example in the case of a wall:
#4975= IFCRELSPACEBOUNDARY('2ox4HtFW6nXG6ZLzYkPfU',#12,'2ndLevel','2a',#3968,#3416,#4974,.PHYSICAL.,.EXTERNAL.);
cf. #3416= IFCWALL('32loDhHcb03BZV_ncq97lac',#12,'W4',$,$,#2715,#3411,'C2BF236B-4669-400C-B8DF-FB19B4247BE6');

In case of slab (seems to be) as follows:
#4830= IFCRELSPACEBOUNDARY('3B0YAjbu5yCr0xJIqEYZT2',#12,'2ndLevel','2a',#3968,$,#4829,.VIRTUAL.,.EXTERNAL.);

As for what it is, in the case of slab (it seems) "$" is output to RelatedBuildingElement.

Although the zone is indeed in contact with the slab, I am in trouble not to be referred.

What can be read from the example above is thought to be one of the reasons that PhysicalOrVirtualBoundary is "Virtual", but I do not know how to change it to "Physical".

I am reading the following site.
http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/IFC2x3/TC1/html/ifcproductextension/lexical/ifcrelspaceboundar...

I would like to refer to slab and ceiling from IfcRelSpaceBoundary as well as wall.

Give me something good advice.
0 REPLIES 0

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!