BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

How to roll back backup file on TW2???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone out there:
we have been working on TW2 file since we upgrade to 14. everything is working fine and sweet until today we try to rollback our yesterday backup but nothing happened.
i went to team and do the rollback thing. but when i re-join the project, nothing has change, its still stay as it is before.
Anyone have any clue whats going on here?
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can tell by the amount of replies how many people have done this!

During our tests, I must admit that the rollback function has worked for us. Did you overwrite the existing project or create a new project from the backup? Obviously the latter will require you to join the new backup not the same project.

Having said that, it will only catch changes from the last Send & Receive, so if you manually made a backup via the BIM Server Manager and nothing had been sent to the model, nothing would have changed. Unlikely, but true. In any case, it may be worth deleting all related local TW Data and reloading the project from the server just to make sure there's no confusion.

You can tell from the related archicadwiki article that there's still a lot of work to be done to ensure safe and smooth backing up of TW2 projects. It's frightening really.

Doing a cold backup of the BIM Server data is useless unless you stop the server, so instead we schedule every project to backup every 4 hours and save the last 10 copies. That gives us at least a weeks worth of backups, since the backups are only saved if a Send & receive has been registered by the BIM Server. Since we mandate that everyone Send & receives as often as possible, I explain that it backs up about 'every four hours of use'.

Then every Monday morning, I export all of our projects via the BIM Server Manager to a separate server on the network, which in turn gets backed up and saved to tape.

At the end of the day, none of it is absolutely foolproof and the only 100% safe way is to save a pln from every project, but who has the time to do that?!

Nevertheless, at ~any~ sign of trouble I have the user save a pln immediately just to be sure - and it's saved us a few times.

Where the hell is that AC14 hotfix? I have high expectations!:wink:

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!