Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

I/S 'user defined' voids zone name?

Erika Epstein
Booster
more I/S questions:

1. When I use the "user defined parameter 1, 2" etc in my schedules, in AC9 entering a note from within the
'list/preview/edit window'
the Zone name, a column in my schedule used for room name, disappears from the schedule. Why?

The "user defined" parameters are no longer interactive from within I/S. I find I have to enter my text from within the tool settings boxes under the ArchiFM & Listing parametersand then these values will show up in the schedules.

Is this another bug or a feature?

Thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
does the lack of response indicate no-one else has experienced the above and/or is unable to reproduce it?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
I haven't seen this ... but haven't taken the time yet to try to reproduce it.

Which zone stamp(s) are you using?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:

Which zone stamp(s) are you using?

Karl
Zone identifier 2
thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Well, after a little trial and error, I realized it only temporarily loses the zone name. After I hit the 'apply' button and the schedule is regenerated, the zone name comes back.

Phew!

Curious that it does this. Anyone know why?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
I bookmarked this thread to respond to and never got to it ... sorry, Erika!

I just tried a fresh zone schedule using Zone Identifier 2 and with fields: Zone Category, Room Name, Area, User Defined 1 and User Defined 2 and with two zones placed in an empty project.

I didn't see the behavior you described - editing the user defined fields worked fine, and the room name didn't change or disappear on me.

HOWEVER, I encountered a bug in the List Preview/Edit window behavior that I have never seen before. The information that is displayed lookes fine, but double-clicking on the headings brings up the wrong parameters. For example, in the screenshot attached, I double-clicked on the Zone Category heading, and the dialog that pops up (to allow changing the text or width) says that the parameter is "Surface" ... but clearly the Zone Category is what is displayed. The Room Name header, says it is using the Floor Thickness parameter, but of course it isn't. Similarly, Area displays "Walls Perimeter". Odd. I'll report, although this is cosmetic only... the results are correct. What you reported seemed more serious, but maybe the current release fixed that issue.

Regards,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl,
Thanks for remembering

1.I still get the zone name disappearing, but not until after I have entered/corrected a line item. Upon updating it returns. It is as though AC recognizes that there is a change in that line and I had wondered if that isn't deliberate to cue user that there has been a change entered on that line. Updating re-writes the altered line(s) so it is back again.

2. I have been using zone name instead of zone category in my schedules; zone name being the individual room name. I got the same "surface" problem you did when I added this as a column to my finish schedule.

3. When I tried to add zone catagory and any other blue font category to my door schedule, I discovered that ones non-door parameters showed gray on the right side. I don't remember this being the case before. Is this how it always worked or am I doing something wrong and if so what?

4. I am still seeing the lines around the footer note only show with a red pen (10). not as set in my file to be pen 4 as I set in the format tab of edit I/S.

Thanks
IS footer.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
4. I am still seeing the lines around the footer note only show with a red pen (10). not as set in my file to be pen 4 as I set in the format tab of edit I/S.
This is weird. I don't seem to have any control over the border for the footer ... it is always using pen 1. Setting 'all borders' to some pen changes all except the footer border.

Workaround for getting all borders to a single pen is to use the object settings pen over-ride (info box) and assign a single pen to the placed schedule object.

Strange that my footer border is using pen 1 and yours is using pen 10...?

Karl
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
3. When I tried to add zone catagory and any other blue font category to my door schedule, I discovered that ones non-door parameters showed gray on the right side. I don't remember this being the case before. Is this how it always worked or am I doing something wrong and if so what?
Gray means un-editable ... either objects locked, host layer locked or hidden, multiple objects grouped on the same line and some objects having that param and others not having it, or in this case, parameters that do not belong to the object, if I'm understanding what you're saying.

Your schedule can only contain door parameters ... either general ones (black or blue) or specific ones (additional parameters button). If you added params from the zone group when you are filtering on doors, those params have no meaning.

I'm probably misunderstanding.

Karl
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl,
I can't type. That should have been Pen 1
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System