Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

I'd like to get drafted items (Fills and Poly lines) Into a schedule?

Ivan Myers
Booster
Hi,
I am trying to get 2D drafted items that represent things such as fasteners, electrical fixtures etc. on plan views onto either a Schedule or a list of some kind. I'd rather not hack it by doing a Schedule with nothing but custom text fields but that seems what I'm going to have to do for now.

Does anyone have any suggestions to avoid pure data entry in the future?
Thanks
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
2 REPLIES 2
You will need to save these 2D items as a symbol (GSM library part), of course. In AC 19, you will need to add custom text fields to the symbol. But you can save this as a favorite with the data already entered.

The obvious solution is to upgrade to AC21, where you can attach a set of properties to a symbol, and schedule those properties.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Ivan Myers
Booster
Richard,

I'm now on AC 20 but will consider upgrading. I saved the Fill as an object (gsm.) and still cant seem to get it to show up on a schedule. Perhaps I don't have the workflow correct or cant figure out the right parameter to add to the schedule? Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac