Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

I'm can't find ifc translator to place a hotllink

davimelop
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to place a new hotlink from IFC file. However, when I'm creating a new module I can't find the IFC translators.

InkedCaptura de tela 2021-10-27 155754_LI.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the question!

From the screenshot, it looks like the issue happened inside the Teamwork environment. I'm wondering if you save it as a local file, or try with a new solo file, does the same problem happen? Also, I'm wondering which Archicad version and build number you are using?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

davimelop
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I'm working inside Teamwork. In a local file it doesn't happen. 

I'm using Archicad 24.

For now, I placed the IFC in a local file, saved it on my desktop (out of teamwork enviroment) and I created a hotlink with this local file. But I would like to place a hotlink directly an IFC file.

Hello again,

Thank you very much for the information and sorry for the long wait!

We have consulted this issue with our developer, and here is the information we have:

In case of hotlink, the translators are coming either from the current project, or an external template. You may check this with the Options button of the file browse dialog seen in the picture.

After that, please check if the IFC Translation Setup is either in the host project or in the template file and see if something is missing.

There are cases, where some old plan files do not contain any translators if it was opened with an Archicad without the IFC addon.

Could you please help us to verify this?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT