BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

I-m not getting pop-up messages from teammates in teamwork

Gus
Newcomer
Can anyone think of any reason that I wouldn't be getting pop-up messages from my teamwork teammates? I do get the message in the teamwork and I do get a very small notification in the bottom bar of the ArchiCAD window. I just don't get the regular pop-up which is really the only thing that gets my attention. Any thoughts about why this may not be working?
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Work Environment Dialog, in the More Options page, is the "Show New Message Alert in Teamwork" checkbox checked?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gus
Newcomer
Yes, it is checked, and I still never get any message pop-ups.
Madison WI
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What happens if they send you a message with High Priority? Does that appear as a pop-up?
Gus
Newcomer
I will have to test that come Monday. Thanks for the idea.
Madison WI
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I checked this on Help Center and this last suggestion might not help.
It says this is controlled by the checkbox in the Work Environment Dialog:
Note: If you do not want to see these alerts, uncheck the “Show New Message Alert in Teamwork” box at Options > Work Environment > More Options.
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/collaboration/teamwork/messa...

So this may be caused by something else, and may be a bug. I will report this to Graphisoft.
Gus
Newcomer
Yes,
It may be a bug, because I have tried it with it unchecked and with it checked, and it doesn't work either way. I still can't get the messages to pop-up which is a significant problem when trying to communicate with my team.
Madison WI
Paul King
Advisor
Popup messages definitely still seriously buggy under AC21 6013 NZE.
I get the opposite to OP. For me Teamwork the last pop up notification won't go away, even after I move all messages to the 'Completed' tab and even when I delete all messages of any status - and even when I untick
the 'Show New Message Alert in Teamwork' setting in Work Environment.

The result is that any pallet that is docked across the bottom of the ArchiCAD window is inaccessible, because it is being masked by that dratted notification.

The notification also does not respond to it own close gadget, and cannot be dragged by its drag bar

A real mess that has persisted through several ArchiCAD patches.

There is a nasty workaround: Shrink (but don't minimize) or Shift the ArchiCAD window to your second monitor. This leaves the notification still showing , now clear of the ArchiCAD window. From there, if you click in the middle of the now floating notification, it converts into a conventional dialog box, which then responds to its close gadget. I suspect this is notification was implemented for windows via some sort of unholy hack involving hidden dialogs and transmogrifications etc
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Gus,

Have you ever used any external monitor?

What I can imagine is that the pop up message would like to appear here, but as you no longer use this monitor, you cannot see it.

Might worth a check if you connect a second monitor again the message appears or not.

Best regards,
Noemi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Paul King
Advisor
If you don't have a second monitor, you could also shrink (but not minimize) ArchiCAD, to see if the Teamwork messages popup is hiding behind the ArchiCAD window.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!