Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

I need the Lineal Feet of Fascia

sirduncan02
Participant
I'm building schedules for some materials as a 'back check' on subcontractor invoicing. I need to be able to provide lineal feet of fascia. But I can't figure out how to get ArchiCAD to give me the eve and gable lengths. I see the Roof Schedule options for Hips lengths, Eave lengths, gables lengths etc, but they are all coming in as 0.00". I am using the single slab method for creating my roof, with both 6/12 and 8/12 roof pitches in the simple system. And in the future, I'll be adding dormers as well.

Alternately, I'm attempting to try out the single roof system method and I can get numbers, but then I'm struggling to produce the roof look I want (roof wraps/batwings, dormers, etc).

Any ideas on getting lineal feet of fasica using the single roof plane method? I know I can manually measure the distances in Elevations, but I'd prefer to connect this to the roof system somehow in case of changes.
Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
For single roof planes you must define the type of edge with the pet palette.
See attached image.

For multi-plane roofs this edge assignment is automatic but you can override it in the same way.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sirduncan02
Participant
Thank you for that quick reply. I've never used that setting so I'll play around with it now and see if I can get the numbers I'm looking for. Thank you.
Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
Learn and get certified!