Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IF expression in Property Manager with multiple possible outcomes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I want to make and expression in the Property Manager where I have more than 2 possible outcomes. For example, if wallheight=1 m then "Word1", if wallheight=2 m then "Word2", if wallheight=3 m then "Word3". The problem is that when using the IF expression you always have to give an "else" option, otherwise it says there is a problem.

Now what I can do is to embed IF expressions in each other like: IF (wallheight=1; "Word1"; (IF (wallheight=2; "Word2"; (IF (wallheight=3; "Word3"; " "))))) but when it is not 3 outcomes but 15 it gets really messy really fast.

Is there a simpler way to do all this?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You don't say what version of Archicad you are using.
You should add this together with your Operating System and machine specs, to your user profile signature - link is at the top of this page.

In version 23 there is a new expression function ...

IFS ( LogicalCondition1, Value1, [LogicalCondition2, Value2], ... )

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I use Archicad 22, so what you wrote is not an option for me, but thanks.
Barry Kelly
noradobos wrote:
Sorry, I use Archicad 22, so what you wrote is not an option for me, but thanks.
I was just looking at it and it may not be an option anyway.
It only returns a value to the first true statement, so there is no value if all of the statements are false.

So the only choice you have is to nest the IF statements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11