Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Export Building Story changes

Larissa_Hecht
Newcomer

Since some weeks ago one of our partners gets some objects with different (wrong) Building Story assignments in the IFC with each IFC2x3 export in AC25 while it worked fine before. The object will be assigned to the building story above it:  Example some walls of the first floor are exported with their building Story set to the ground floor. Everything seems like it is set the correct way in Archicad and they didn´t change anything in the IFC Export settings between the exports. They are using the Teamwork function. I can´t think of a reason why that is happening but maybe one of you encounter similar problems? 

2021-11-01_13h37_36.png
3 REPLIES 3
Stefan L_
Expert

I have similar problems.

AC24 (Teamwork, many hotlinks), full model fails

AC24 reduced structure model works

Saved as AC23, full model fails fails (only for testing; loss of other data)

Saved as AC22, full model works

Devastating...

--

Stefan

WrongStory.png

--
Stefan
AC ...-27, WIN10
marcusbrinsden
Participant

I have also just come across this problem, i also have a lot of hotlinks.  Has there been a resolution to this?

Oh - yes, at least in my case.

There's an option (poorly translated to german) in the IFC exporter, see pic.

If this option is ticked, any element "colliding" with a space is assigned to the home storey of this space. Deactivate this (or filter the elements with the button on the right).

StefanL__0-1651216825363.png

--

Stefan

--
Stefan
AC ...-27, WIN10