Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC Export Space Containment Filtering setting bug in v23

pejotu
Participant
Hi!

Can someone please confirm this bug for me:
In v23, if you edit the IFC export setting Data Conversion - IFC Space Containment - Filter Containment, you can remove check marks from IFC component types that should not be included in assigning space containment. (see here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89329/ )

But in v23 (see my version and system specs below), this setting is not retained - when exporting the IFC, or just returning to the export settings, all IFC component types will have the check marks again.

For me, in v22 this works as expected, and the selection is retained.

Working in Win10 20H2, Core i7, 64Gbit, Finnish
Archicad 23 4006 Finnish (and Archicad 22 7000 Finnish)

Attached the screenshots, in Finnish naturally. v22 shows only the IfcFurnishingElement checked, which is what I'm after.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have tested this and yes, I can confirm that this is a bug. The IFC Space Containment filter settings are not retained.
It is interesting that as long as I stay in the IFC Translator Dialog, it seems that the filter settings ARE retained. However, if I "OK" the Dialog and leave, then open the Dialog again, the filter settings are now back to selecting all IFC types.
So it is indeed a bug. I will report this to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have tested this and yes, I can confirm that this is a bug. The IFC Space Containment filter settings are not retained.
It is interesting that as long as I stay in the IFC Translator Dialog, it seems that the filter settings ARE retained. However, if I "OK" the Dialog and leave, then open the Dialog again, the filter settings are now back to selecting all IFC types.
So it is indeed a bug. I will report this to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

I believe this is a known issue in our database, unfortunately, I cannot verify if it's the exact same issue. I have forwarded the issue to our Technical Support team for further investigation. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

The issue has been reported and recorded to our system already. It is scheduled to be released along with the third update of ARCHICAD 23, as it is a relatively new defect. Until then, my colleague has shown me a workaround for this:

In the Filter Space Containment dialog, if you switch the IFC Domain to another type (say Structural for example), click OK, and close all IFC translators dialog, next time you reopen the Filter Space Containment, the modification should be remembered after you exit the dialog.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT