Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Hotlink Missing Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

In order to link in a consultant Revit model into my Archicad file I have exported as an IFC, then opened this in an Archicad file, then hotlinked this file into my model. The first image is the IFC link file and the second is the main file. In my main file the glazing roof elements aren't showing. The layer is on and they're not hidden. Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks,

Kate
2 REPLIES 2
mi_jan
Enthusiast
Read page 24 of

There are a couple of steps you have to follow in order to get the objects to show up, seems tedious at first but once you do it a couple of times it becomes part of your regular workflow. I always work on teamwork so I have to do step 4, unsure if you need to relink the consultant library on PLN's.
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
Karl Griffith
Booster
My guess is that the hotlinked ifc and the main model do no have the same stories. The number of stories and the elevations need to be identical, or parts go missing...
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10