BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Translator warnings

fuzzytnth3
Booster
When I open the Property Mapping setting the IFC Translator is displaying warnings in a red colour. How do I fix this?

I have tried doing a new and reset but it creates the same warnings.
The reason I need this to work is that some elements when I export them as IFCs they are being listed in Solibri as "Unclassified" so I assumed it had something to do with the Property Mapping

Screenshots below

Warning

IFC Properties
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
On the screenshot which shows the IFC Properties, there is an IFC Rule which used to contain a property from property manager but it has been deleted which is indicated by the <> values.

I checked the standard UKI Template and this seems to be the default. In which some properties were in use for certain IFC Mapping Rules but have since been deleted. The quick solution is to simply click on the <> mapping rule and click the delete button.

IFC Properties shouldn't effect the classification of an element. This would have to be checked in the Type Mapping dialogue to see if an element lets say a wall is mapped to an IfcWall for IFC Exports.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Ok thanks for that

So it seems my "Type Mapping" is not working then as my published IFC is treating the majority of my walls as "Fixed Furnishings" for example and my Doors are listed as "Objects"

Type Map Settings

Door settings

The list items seems rather short but it does list Doors so why would my IFC not have as far as it is concerned any Doors?
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
The reason is that each Uniclass classification mapping status is set to by Parent. The parent is the Uniclass 2015 - May 2017 subheading which is set to IFC Type IfcBuildingElementProxy.

This means that every classification contained in the Uniclass 2015 - May 2017 table will be exported as IfcBuildingElementProxies (Objects) Therefore if you wanted doors that are classified as EF_25_30 Doors and windows to be exported as Doors you will have to set the mapping status to custom.

However due to Uniclass 2015 combining doors/windows under the same classification, if you were to set the above to custom followed by the IFC Type to IfcDoor this will actually export windows as IfcDoors as well.

Therefore I recommend to set the Source Classification System at the top to the standard one which is ARCHICAD Classification - 21 as this will export all elements to IFC correctly. E.g. Doors to IfcDoor, Windows to IfcWindow, etc.

I'll post a series of screenshots:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image two which shows the IFC Translator setup.
02_IFC_Translator_Setup_Export.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image three which shows the IFC Import result in Solibri.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Marcus_Scott wrote:
Image two which shows the IFC Translator setup.
Thanks for posting those screenshots. In my "Map IFC Types for Export" the list of types in my file is much shorter. I have messed something up but I think I can get it back as I have found opening the ArchiCAD 21 Template file has the same settings as your screenshots

Map IFC Types for Export screenshot
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Learn and get certified!