Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC elevation stories

GOBA
Booster
Hi,

Is there an option, having already an ArchiCAD file with stories created, to import the levels from an IFC file.

What I mean is that, if I had an ArchiCAD file with Story 1 and Story 2 already created, with elevations 3 meters, and I merge an IFC, I can match stories, but I don’t see how to import the correct elevations.

I could erase the stories from the ArchiCAD files, but I would like to have them for the views already created. Does anyone know how I should proceed? I don’t know if I am missing something.

Regards,

GOBA
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
When you open IFC file - ArchiCAD creates stories accordingly to information found in IFC.
If you are merging IFC with another model, made in ArchiCAD, it's better to open IFC as a new file and after hotlink it to the main file. It's safer this way and easier to fix errors in IFC or manage storey height, attributes etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
When you open IFC file - ArchiCAD creates stories accordingly to information found in IFC.
If you are merging IFC with another model, made in ArchiCAD, it's better to open IFC as a new file and after hotlink it to the main file. It's safer this way and easier to fix errors in IFC or manage storey height, attributes etc.
GOBA
Booster
Thanks!
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10