Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC enumerated value property

felcunha
Expert
Hello everybody,
I'm struggling to set pre-defined enumerated values for a IFC property set as IFCPropertyEnumeratedValue.
I can't map them so I don't know how to set different values as required from a list.
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance,

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have never tried this, but looking at it now, yes, it is true that you can only map to IFC Properties with the "Single" Property Type, but not when the Property Type is any of the other four types (Enumerated, Bounded, Table, List).
However, after you created the IFC Property, you can go to the File > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Project Manager Dialog, select all the IfcBuildingElement Proxies, and define the Enumerated Values by clicking the ellipsis button (...) in the Value column for the IFC Property.
In the Dialog, you can click the New button to add and define as many enumerated values as you want, then use the checkmarks to the left of their value to select which value the given element uses.

In the below example, I defined 4 values, and used the "CCC" value for the selected element (multiple selections are possible).
I suppose that if you set the proper values for all elements, they will be correctly exported as Enumerated values in the generated IFC file.

One suggestion: GRAPHISOFT recommends that you do not start the name of custom IFC Property groups with "Pset_" because that is the naming used by default IFC Properties. You should use some other naming convention so that you can very easily distinguish between default and custom IFC Properties.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
felcunha
Expert
Thank you Laslo,
I've already seen we can assign multiple values to an element.
The problem here, you've guessed, we'll have to assign it manually to every element (with the same properties of course).
Far from an automation logic!!
---
For the naming of the Pset, I've to follow the client's BIM rules so I've no choice... but I'll tell them to change it if possible.

Cheers,

Felipe
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could schedule the elements and their custom IFC Property, then assign those values in the schedule cells. That could be a faster way of doing it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
felcunha
Expert
Good idea, thanks!
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey