Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC export - ID (name) of composite not attached to its skins

Johan Stinckens
Advocate

I've exported a small sample project to IFC for use in Solibri (Information Takeoff).

Every composite object (walls, slabs) has the ID (Name) attached to it.

When selecting the seperate skins the Name field holds the Material information.

How do I provide the Name field for the skin with the same ID (Name) as the composite it belongs to?!

The information should be there as the skin is a decompose element of the composite.

IFC-Export_CompositeIFC-Export_CompositeIFC-Export_Composite-SkinIFC-Export_Composite-Skin

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi sma2bim,

I have recently done this using the new component-level type mapping in Archicad 26.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F005_NewFe...

For IfcWall, IfcSlab, IfcBeam, IfcColumn and IfcStair I added a new IFC Property Component_ID defined as IfcLabel.

IFC-PropertyMapping-001.png

I created a new component based rule and added content to map the IfcLabel to the Element_ID of the component.

IFC-PropertyMapping-002.png

The IFC export will now contain the Element_ID of the component for the decomposed parts.

In Solibri the wall shows the Element_ID under Identification - Name

IFC-PropertyMapping-003.png

When selecting a decomposed part of the component the Element_ID will be shown in AtCo_IFC-Properties as the value for property Component_ID

IFC-PropertyMapping-004.png

So now you can easily generate ITO's for a specific building material with relation to the component it is part of.

I hope this helps!

If it does please mark this post as a solution (accept as a solution).

Kind Regards,

Johan Stinckens
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sma2bim
Booster

Hello ,

Do you have a solution for this problem ? 

I have the same ! 

[ BIM Manager- Revit Expert
Win 11 - Dell Precsion i7 | 32GB | RTX A4000
AC25 - AC26 4019 Int Full]
Solution

Hi sma2bim,

I have recently done this using the new component-level type mapping in Archicad 26.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F005_NewFe...

For IfcWall, IfcSlab, IfcBeam, IfcColumn and IfcStair I added a new IFC Property Component_ID defined as IfcLabel.

IFC-PropertyMapping-001.png

I created a new component based rule and added content to map the IfcLabel to the Element_ID of the component.

IFC-PropertyMapping-002.png

The IFC export will now contain the Element_ID of the component for the decomposed parts.

In Solibri the wall shows the Element_ID under Identification - Name

IFC-PropertyMapping-003.png

When selecting a decomposed part of the component the Element_ID will be shown in AtCo_IFC-Properties as the value for property Component_ID

IFC-PropertyMapping-004.png

So now you can easily generate ITO's for a specific building material with relation to the component it is part of.

I hope this helps!

If it does please mark this post as a solution (accept as a solution).

Kind Regards,

Johan Stinckens

Thank you !!! 

Hi sma2bim,

have you been able to apply this succesfully to your project?!

Did it work as expected?!

Johan Stinckens

sma2bim
Booster

In same level , i succeed to do it.

when importing the IFC in other software i have different results : 

In solibri : i have the parent element (wall, slab and roof) and under it i have the skins. (good job)

In itwo costx : 

1- if i assign ifcwall and an ifcwalltype to the skin > the software will not recognize the skin

2- if i assign ifccovering (or another)  to the skin > the software will not recognize the skins and the wall. So i have duplicate elements for composites. 

I have to work in that. 

The problem for Revit we have software with settings and template good enough to work. but for ArchiCAD to lot work (and not sure to get the same result).

Thank you , and if you experienced the same specific issue. I will be happy to discuss with you may be we will get a good solution. 

Hi sma2bim,

Since you found that this works for Solibri.

Could you please mark my 2023-02-01 reply as a solution -> button "Accept as Solution"?!

This will help other community members find this post.

Kind regards.

Johan Stinckens

I can not accept as solution there are no option . 

I think you can. 

GC.png

@sma2bim wrote:

I can not accept as solution there are no option . 

Just click on the 3 dots next to the time of the post (at the top of the post) and in the list you should see "Accept as solution".

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11