Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC export "generate new value" in AC 25

Bidaya
Contributor

Hi everyone

despite digging inside the AC 25 documentation I have an issue I would like to expose.

A sub-contractor asked me to use the "Generate new values" settings for my IFC exports.

He sent me a link to a GS AC 23 help page explaining the method.

I have AC 25 and I don't find the option. The name of the function probably evolved but I don't get it.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
felcunha
Expert

Found the solution:

Just merge your IFC in an empty file. File -> interoperability -> Merge -> merge from local file...

Select your original IFC. When you re-export it, their elements will have new GUID attributed to them.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
felcunha
Expert

What kind of value do you want to generate? Can you put a link to the page explaining the method?

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

My client sent me the following link
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89330/
and asked me to choose the "Generate new values" option which I cannot find in AC25. Thanks for help.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

It seems that this option no longer exists in the IFC Translators Dialog.

I am not certain but there may have been some technical reason for its removal.

My two guesses are:

1. The introduction of IFC4.

2. The introduction of BCF (BIM Collaboration Format) Issue Management workflows, which rely on IFC GUIDs for them to work.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
felcunha
Expert

Found the solution:

Just merge your IFC in an empty file. File -> interoperability -> Merge -> merge from local file...

Select your original IFC. When you re-export it, their elements will have new GUID attributed to them.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

😎Works fine.

Thank you !