Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC export without structural layers of composite walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
is there a way to export wall composite structures without any structural layer?

I am looking for such a feature for a client specific need: he wants to gather Structural IFC data from structural engineer and other data from the architect

It is very simple to do it the opposite way with wall structural layers without other and finishes layer. But when only other and finishes layers are needed it looks to be impossible.

Any trick with IFC translators?
3 REPLIES 3
ricki-fritz
Booster
Yes, I would like this feature also
Graphisoft Certified ArchiCAD BIM Manager

ArchiCAD 27

Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The only work around I know involves checking and unchecking 'participates in collision detection' for the building materials that are used in the walls you wish to export as separate parts.

Basically you need to make a few separate IFC exports and combine them.

This is quite elaborate, but the alternative of modelling things as separate elements is even more work.

Here is an article in Dutch that describes this method in more detail: https://rijnboutt.nl/actueel/nieuws/efficienter-bimmen-met-nieuwe-methodiek-voor-ifc-export/
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
ricki-fritz
Booster
Interesting, I was looking at this process (using "participates in collision"), but was hoping there may be an easier way...
Good to try, thank you for sharing
Graphisoft Certified ArchiCAD BIM Manager

ArchiCAD 27

Windows 11