Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC export

Katja_Z
Participant

When trying to export my model to IFC, a mistake happens with the some of the walls, that are cut to roof. The roof that is used to cut the walls is reaching to their external edge. While some of the inner walls seem to export ok, that is not the case for the others. I am attaching a schreenshot of the exported IFC model, where it is visible, that the outer walls are not cut by the roof (they are cut in the Archicad model). The same happens with one of the inner walls. What can I do to fix the problem?

walls piercing roof.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Set the geometry to BREP in the IFC Translators (File Menu > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Translators) click the three dots next to Geometry Conversion and set the Export all model elements geometry as BREP as shown in the attached screenshot. Export a new IFC and the walls will retain their Trim/Crop/SEO.

01_IFCBREP.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Set the geometry to BREP in the IFC Translators (File Menu > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Translators) click the three dots next to Geometry Conversion and set the Export all model elements geometry as BREP as shown in the attached screenshot. Export a new IFC and the walls will retain their Trim/Crop/SEO.

01_IFCBREP.png

Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thank you!

Worked like a charm for me as well, Thank you