Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC from Revit improperly importing doors and walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an IFC model that I've created with Revit and checked with Solibri. When I bring the model into Archicad, it sends all the doors 400' feet or so into the air. It will also improperly trim walls to roofs and window openings and leave strange wall cuts.

I've tried adjusting all of the elevation settings and project 0 to no avail. It seems to be a problem with the sill height in connection to it's referenced story which can only be corrected by individually editing each door individually, which is useless for interoperability.

I have the latest IFC update and have checked that the model is perfect in solibri.
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
Perhaps you can post some screen shots of the trimming in revit, solibri and in archicad. How revit trims may be different than archicad.

Do archicad trims exported via ifc still function in revit?
Does solibri have special revit ifc translators?

regarding the doors you wrote
"which can only be corrected by individually editing each door individually,"

the parametric objects of both programs should allow you to select all the doors and edit the sill to_ height collectively. Why are you having to select each one individually?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll work on getting some screenshot's.

regarding the doors..
all of the doors stack into 4 levels, with all the doors being at the same 4 elevations. I know in the revit model, that this is not the case for the doors and that they are at different levels. So editing each door to go back to it's original elevation is out of the question.

we're trying to coordinate a revit project with our archicad project, so we'll need to be able to update the ifc import model frequently so editing components individually isn't practical for productivity.
Erika Epstein
Booster
can you add a bogus parameter in revit that can be used in AC to quickly filter by story or? In revit are the doors set relative to a story or to a wall?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you can see, the walls on the closest corner are also cutting through the windows and various walls have small parts that are no longer cut to the roofs.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hmm.
What does tech support say when they analyze your model?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
tech support? I guess I am the tech support.

unfortunately, this is really my first venture into Revit, having used Archicad for the past 8 years. This aint lookin good.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have any additional levels added in Archicad?
Maybe the doors are referencing levels not wall base?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's actually setting the sill heights of the doors to something like 430'. I think this may have to do with the project 0 reference.

I've tried resetting the project zero to 430' and importing the .ifc model with an elevation gain of 430' with the same results.

The IFC model imports the corresponding layers from the Revit model and I import it using a new project with only 1 level set. I've also tried manually adding in the levels at the corresponding elevations prior to the .ifc import, again with the same results.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select all doors and set the Anchor to "Sill to Wall base" and set the value to 0.