BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC import and mapping rules in Scheme Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I have mapped custom properties to IFC propertyes in IFC Scheme Setup, but if I want to import a IFC file where a consultan have enriched certain properties, the mapping dosnt goes the opposite way.

I want to export IFC file and give it to the fire consultants.

The fire consultant give the model correct values in the property Fire resistance rating in his software, and send the IFC file back to me.

Im using the tool "update with IFC" and "override existing project properties" to receive the new data.

I want to override colors in my model with the new data, but this is not possible to override colors from IFC properies.

Is this possible? Is it possible to update ArchiCAD properties with IFC files?
4 REPLIES 4
stefan
Expert
AFAIK, Graphic Overrides don't apply to IFC properties (alas).
And IFC mapping is to fill IFC properties from ARCHICAD properties, but not the other way around (also alas).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
daviddelven
Advocate
The usual workflow collaborating with third parts or consultants is one of the openBIM keys. If our software is capable of transferring these new parameters from the 3rd part IFC files into the AC native fields (properties) it would be cool.

In any case, you need to know where you want to use this external IFC file new properties, because maybe you can just use the IFC labeling for layouting.

And if you want to transfer a new IFC model, maybe you'll need to federate these several IFC files within another IFC software, like Tekla BIMSight or something like that.
David Delgado Vendrell

http://www.daviddelgado.cat
i7-7820HK CPU 2,90GHz 32GB RAM
Triple Monitor 17"+25"+32" Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC26 INT/SPA (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with Archicad since 2013
stefan
Expert
FWIW, ARCHICAD 21 can override based on properties and the new classifications but not IFC Properties.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
daviddelven
Advocate
another pitty...
David Delgado Vendrell

http://www.daviddelgado.cat
i7-7820HK CPU 2,90GHz 32GB RAM
Triple Monitor 17"+25"+32" Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC26 INT/SPA (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with Archicad since 2013
Learn and get certified!