BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC to Revit 2022

KDEE
Participant

What is the best way to set up an IFC file for engineers that are using Revit 2022? Also they asked for it to include our title block. Is there a way to include this information?

4 REPLIES 4
archigreen
Enthusiast

IFC exports the 3D model only, not 2D elements can be exported on IFC. You can send them an attached DWG file with your Title block.

To export an IFC:

Go to the Publisher set and find IFC, doble click and select the file, then click publish, selected items. Done!

Now under the IFC file icon on your publisher, there is the translator you can play with, depending on what you actually need to export: Revit structure export, Revit MEP export, Revit export for reference only, or a complete architectural model, etc. you need to select the RIGHT translator.

Now, you can always download an IFC viewer, BIM Collab, Solibri, etc. So you can be sure what you send them is the right model they need.

Best,

ArchiGreen

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB

Thank you that was very helpful! I did watch a video on the different translators. It looked like there should be standard ones pre-built into Archicad for Revit? I do not have them if that is the case. Do you know if they should already be an option in my translators or do I have to set them all up myself?

AC25 comes with built-in translators to Revit out of the box, but as every project is different one has to customize it to fit each project.

Best,

ArchiGreen

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
KDEE
Participant

Great thank you!

Learn and get certified!