Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IfcBuildingStorey ....Name vs LongName

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Hi,

We are testing a new ifc-app and it shows all my stories as one bottom level (no stories). First I thought this was because this app is looking for IfcLongName while I had the name of the storey in IfcName. So I've added the name of the storey to both IfcName and IfcLongName but it still doesn't work. Are there any other places I can look at? When I open the IFC in a text editor I see all positions without a value gets a $.

/M

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

How does the IFC work in Solibri? Does it display the information correctly, or they way you want it?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

It's apparently OK to use Name as a number. From: https://standards.buildingsmart.org/IFC/RELEASE/IFC4/FINAL/HTML/schema/ifcproductextension/lexical/i...

The following guidelines should apply for using the Name, Description, LongName and ObjectType attributes.

• Name holds the unique name (or space number) from the plan.
  • Description holds any additional information field the user may have specified, there are no further recommendations.
  • LongName holds the full name of the space, it is often used in addition to the Name, if a number is assigned to the room, then the descriptive name is exchanged as LongName.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.