Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IfcXML export error in Archicad 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have a problem in saving my model in IfcXML format. It shows an error saying that cannot write output file. Is it because of the educational licence cant export it or other issues??

Looking forward to replies and thank you in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
jasonloh2609 wrote:
I have a problem in saving my model in IfcXML format. It shows an error saying that cannot write output file. Is it because of the educational licence cant export it or other issues??
I really can't say as I don't have an educational license.
But check the file name you are trying to save so that it does not contain any special characters.
Also check the file location - do you have permission to save there?
Try saving with a simple name to you local hard drive.

If that doesn't work then it may be something in the model itself that can't be saved as IFCXML.
Try saving a very simple model to see if that works.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Thanks for replying, i have tried in saving in IFC and it works, it is only the IFCXML has this issue.

I have try to just export a wall but it didn't work for IFCXML, but it work for IFC.

Hope to get further assistance in this.

Kind Regards,
Jason
Barry Kelly
I just did a quick test with a couple of slabs and had no problem - but of course with the full license.

Could it be the IFC translator or filter options you are using?
Sorry I have never had the need to do the so don't know much about them and what they do or don't do.

My filter settings seem to be including everything and the translator I used was the 'Translator for General Export'.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Thank you for your reply, but i am using the same setting but it does not work for me.

Since i am currently having a dissertation on information management, and i just need to know the namespace and the titles of the exporter. It will be grateful if you can send me or post a blank file and I can merge my model into it.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jason
Barry Kelly
jasonloh2609 wrote:
Since i am currently having a dissertation on information management, and i just need to know the namespace and the titles of the exporter. It will be grateful if you can send me or post a blank file and I can merge my model into it.
I am not quite sure what you are asking for here.
If I send you a file it will not include any of the translators.
You can create a blank file by just opening a default Graphisoft template by going FILE > New.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27