Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IfcZone sorting in IFC Project Manager PC/MAC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!
I have been working as BIM Manager on a project where the entire team of architects works on Archicad 22 MAC version.

The issue concerns the IFC Project Manager and specifically the sorting of the AC zones (IfcSpace) into the IfcZone folders via drag & drop. On my PC it works just fine, but on MAC, the drag & dropping of the selected spaces/zones isn't possible.

Did anyone experience this, and what is the solution for sorting zones in a MAC only environment?
8 REPLIES 8
Branislav wrote:
drag & dropping of the selected spaces/zones
Hello Branislav Punisic,

I do not understand what do you mean but I ready to help you.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Branislav,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac machine to test this. I will ask our colleagues at Technical Support team to have a look at this. As soon as we conclude the investigation, I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Minh! Looking forward to your feedback!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Branislav wrote:
drag & dropping of the selected spaces/zones
Hello Branislav Punisic,

I do not understand what do you mean but I ready to help you.
Hi Christophe / Salut Christophe,
When you want to create IfcZone groups, first you create a new subfolder in the IFC Zones part in the lower window of the IFC Project Manager / Gestionnaire de projet IFC.
Then you select the AC Zones in the model and hit the button "Afficher séléction de modèle dans la liste" and it will select in the upper window the wanted Zones.
Then, you drag the selection in the lower window of the Project manager, into the newly created IFC ZONE folder.
Except the drag & drop part won't work on MAC..
Hello Branislav Punisic ,

Thanks about your explanations and thanks a lot about this french document from Bernard FERRIES .
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hah well yes, but precisely, this works only on PC, and I would like to know how to do it on MAC.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Branislav,

Our colleague has tried to replicate the issue with macOS Catalina, but dragging dropping works fine. Can you help us with a video showing exactly what happened, maybe we misunderstood something about the issue.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Branislav Punisic,

Something promised thing due, I show you here that on macOS 10.13.6 it seems to work.

Is this what you wanted to work on macOS?
Christophe - FRANCE