Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import IFC (or Sketchup) - Editable Terrainmodel (site)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a Terrainmodel in another application that I want to import into ArchiCAD. I seem to import the Sketchup correctly and also the IFC. However it is not possible to edit the terrain.

After googling and searching the forum and speaking with some users it seems impossible to import a finished Terrain-model into ArchiCAD without generating the terrain all over again with some plugin?

My goal is to deliver finished IFC-files for ArchiCAD-users so they will be able to edit the terrain and remove buildings.

For the IFC file I have IfcSite, IfcBuilding, IfcWalls, IfcRoof and they are all displayed nicely in the 3D-view.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the IFC Translators Dialog there is a setting that controls how IFC Site geometry is converted. You can convert them to either Morphs or Objects. I suspect you are using a Translator that converts the IFC Site to a GDL Object. You should use one which converts it to a Morph. Unfortunately, there is no setting that would convert the IFC Site to a Mesh element in ARCHICAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Thank you for the reply, greatly appreciated. That was my suspicion. I Changed it to Morph. But I still have the issue that I have to create a Mesh to be able to edit the Terrrain