Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import SHX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

How to implement SHX in archicad, that it should be used automaticaly later?
There are some topics about shx but it was for exporting from archicad.

I have dwg from customer and there should be crosses as symbols for points, but archicad reads them as hash becouse it doesn know the font/shx.

Any way to solve it?
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
You need the actual SHX file.
Archicad will ask you to find (load) the SHX file when you open a plan that requires it.
I believe you can also add the SHX file to your loaded library.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry,

where is the library to add the shx file?

the file is DWG made in Trimble business center (autocad), where is used symbols from "symbol.shx". I have both DWG and SHX but archicad in opening the DWG doesnt ask me to find(load) SHX file. The best way for me is to put the shx somewhere in archicad folders and it will you it automaticaly in the future.
Barry Kelly
Add the file to your office library if you have one.
Or any loaded library - i.e. add it to the Archicad library folder if you are loading that.

I believe the SHX file can also reside in the same folder as the DWG/DXF or maybe it is the same folder as the PLN - I can't remember for sure but I am pretty sure it is the same folder as the DWG/DXF file when you merge it.
If it is there Archicad will find it automatically.

If it is not asking you to find the SHX, I suspect it is in one of those folders and it has already been found.
If that is the case then I would then suspect that the cross/hash symbols are not coming from that SHX file.

But something I have noticed in the past.
If you are asked to find an SHX file and you cancel or ignore the request, Archicad will not ask you again when you try to merge the file again.
You will have to shut down Archicad and restart it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the exact place for the archicad library? c:/programfiles/archicad......

I have both in the same folder but archicad doesnt ask me after restarting.
It looks to me the SHX is not linked to the dwg, is it possible?

could you test that?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1NHb_dJ-_0_LdygC9RkCUf-faqWaGt6bc
Barry Kelly
Thanks for the files.

Forget the library - that does not seem to work.

Place the SHX file in the same file as the DWG and it won't ask for the file.

The problem is, your DXF is wanting 3 different SHX files.
I tested this (in version 24) by not having the SHX file in the same folder as the DWG.
It then asks for ...

txt.SHX

simplex.HSX

symbol.SHX

When I browse for the symbol.SHX you supplied, the file loads with the # marks as you say.
If I have the symbol.SHX file in the folder with the DWG, it asks for the first 2 SHX files, but not for symbol.SHX - so I know it has found it.

So I surmise from this that the cross/hatch symbol is in one of the other SHX files.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you berry

I put a new file in the folder, It is only one point with the symbol. Can you test it?
Barry Kelly
This is what I see.

It loads the 'symbol.SHX' file from before but still asks for the 'txt.SHX' and 'simplex.SHX' files.
So I am guessing that the hash symbol you are trying to change is controlled by one of those other files and not the 'symbol.SHX' file.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27