Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import a Windows 10 AC24 project into Apple AC24 ?

mthd
Mentor

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to import a project that was started in AC24 windows 10 into Apple AC24 to finish it off ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
3 REPLIES 3
mikas
Expert

Yes, the fileformat is perfectly transferrable between PC and Mac. Just make sure you get all the libraries too with it. Only culprit that comes to my mind are the special characters used between the two platforms. : and /. You can't use those within filenames if you want it all to be compatible between the two OS'es. Other than that, no problem at all. We are a mixed OS office and need to transfer projects between OS'es from time to time. I personally use both WIN10 and MacOS daily with Archicad.

OffTopic: Now if only we had relative file paths for libraries, I would be a happy man, because I would not have to point all my libraries again everytime I change platform, or when one of my coworkers need to open and save my file on a different OS than I created it. This happens from time to time too.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
mthd
Mentor

Awesome, that’s good to know and thank you for the pointers on what to look out for too. I am thinking of using a Mac for my future work with Archicad.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

If you create your own free BIMcloud Basic in the office and upload all of the libraries there I think both the Windows OS and macOS will read the same location. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)