Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import from Sketchup - texture mapping

neilmcallister
Booster
When I import a model from Sketchup, everything comes in perfectly with all images textures mapped correctly however everything is high gloss. If I convert to morphs (and then to object) I can then edit the surfaces to adjust the properties as required (or use predefined surfaces where appropriate) however all the mapping of images is lost and they all become 1000mm square with some apparently arbitrary base point.

Is there any way to get the textures in properly - possibly going through another format if necessary?
Archicad 26 / Windows 11
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem and didn't find a good solution.
One thing i noticed is that if you place the imported object near Archicads point 0,0,0 (origin) and thany explode to morphs the texture shift is smaller, sometimes unnoticable.
I import alot of elements from 3d warehouse and at this point I just ignore this problem keeping textures not in place.
For me thats a bug to be fixed.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think you'll get problems with going to morph from native archicad elements too. At least I recall this happening when I tried to make one big morph from a building for a quick site render, the roof tiles and such were no longer properly alligned.

So it might be more of a problem with morphs rather than the imported format.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5