BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import from sketchup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Import Sketch­Up models easily! With the Automatic Transfer option, Sketch­Up models can be imported into Archicad in a mouse-click. Based on the geometric characteristics of the SketchUp elements, they will be converted into Archicad construction elements (horizontal surfaces to slabs, vertical ones to walls, oblique ones to roofs, components to objects, doors or windows).
I read this on Graphisoft homepage and thought that it might be possible to make a complete house in Sketchup and then import it to Archicad and just define the different parts (slabs, pillars,beams, walls and so on)...

But when i import .skp-file (or 3ds) its just seem to be like a locked group.

I have been searching for guide and tutorials but its impossible to find anything. The only thing i found is how to import terrain or stupid things like furnitures from 3D warehouse...

The reason is that its would be nice if i could make the whole model in sketchup and then just make it smart in Archicad... but maybe thats impossible?

Anyway, is it possible to make such import...and is there any guide for doing this?

Im new to Archicad and might just be stupid... i just dont get it

(using sketchup 8 and ArchiCad 15 student version)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
that type of importer has been dropped some versions ago. Now you can only import sketchup models as objects. Use the Google Earth Connections to get the import functionality. Then merge the SU fike via File / File Special / Merge
Learn and get certified!