Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Imported IFC with no visuals in floorplan

janbak
Participant

I have imported a IFC and just want to adjust some stuff. For whatever reason it does not display the walls unless I click and select them. It all shows up in 3d view. Any idea how to make them display?

noWalls.jpg

selected.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
ryejuan
Advisor

go to 3d view then check each walls which floors it is assigned to, then in your info box go to floor plan and section > floor plan display>  make sure show on stories is set to home storey. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
janbak
Participant

These are all correct. Changing it to show on homestory does nothing : /

elementProperties.JPG

ryejuan
Advisor

change the all relevant stories to home storey only then go to the respective floor. Also check the layers if its turned on. renovation filters etc. 

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
4dProof
Advisor

a few things to consider. First, that IFC is strictly coordination of 3d geometry and data/info attached to that geometry. Any resulting 2d (plan) graphics are inconsistent at best. This is largely due to differences in BIM authoring and ability to read/write IFC in different programs. Which leads to the Second suggestion; all OpenBIM coordination should be done in a package. I always send and request 3 formats in an IFC exchange: DWG for plan graphics, IFC for 3d geometry, PDF for verification and validation of import. Third suggestion; which ever tool was used to export the IFC, verify that it has the ability to assign classifications, and that classifications are correctly assigned. I assume your walls came in as walls, but often times with unclassified elements, AC just imports them all as objects, which are not going to show graphically in floor plan as you would need them to. If exported from Revit, it could be a difference in the way stories are handled. You could request or export individual IFC for each story, then import them using the hotlink module manager. But I would still not count on them coming in as graphically flawless in plan view

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

i agree with you @4dProof before exporting IFCs you need to make sure all are set with the correct classifications a bit tedious to do but it will save you a ton later on specially when you are doing compliance checks etc. 

ArchiCAD 9 onwards