BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing Blueprints (Floorplan/ Elevation) by scanning...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to Archicad, and I am wanting to do adaptations (& 3D Renderings) of the BluePrints that have been done which I have no digital files for... Can I import them through scanning them directly into Archicad (9) or importing them into Archicad once they have been scanned... Is anything like this possible? If not its definitely a wish list item...

New User

2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
johnmfuller wrote:
I am new to Archicad, and I am wanting to do adaptations (& 3D Renderings) of the BluePrints that have been done which I have no digital files for... Can I import them through scanning them directly into Archicad (9) or importing them into Archicad once they have been scanned... Is anything like this possible? If not its definitely a wish list item...
You can scan them, and bring the scans in as Figures. The problems are, as always, the precision and the proportions. Plus, no scan is accurate, and it is always stretched in one or both directions.

Serch the Forum for the similar topics ... there has been quite a lot of discussion on this.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
johnmfuller wrote:

New User

If you scan them to TIFF or JPG, you can use Archicad's "Figure" tool to place them.

Two things:
1) Make sure the resolution on the figure tool is set to the same resolution you scanned them image
2) Make sure your working scale is set to the same scale as the drawing being scanned.

Together, these will get the scanned drawing to be to scale.

As Djordje mentioned, it will be off by small abouts from both the blueprint process and the scanning proces.

I also like to set my snap grid to 1/2" when tracing existing plans so I do not get odd-ball dimensions.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!