Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing XLSX Buggy?

Kamelite
Enthusiast

I've exportet a scheme of properties, filled it with data Excel, and tries to import them, and what happens? Nothing. Nada.

I tried importing my empty XLXS sheet I just had exported, and the dialogbox appears, as normal. However, trying to import the newly filled XLXS file, the dialobox doesn't even appear.

I've tried to restart both AC25, and the computer as well. Same issue.

Anybody experienced this before?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Kamelite,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the issue!

To better understand the situation, I'm wondering if you could share some screenshots of the schedule in Archicad, the exported Excel sheet and the error in Archicad upon importing the file?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi, sorry for the delay!

Shedules exported from Archicad til Excel have information connected to them that is invisible, that is why the first visible row is number two... So, when I did my thing in the exported file, I somehow seemed to erase that information that the exportfile contained,

The solution was simple enough: Do all my work in the exported file, copy all the data to a new workbook, close the exportfile whithout saving, opening it again, copying from the temporary workbook back to the Archicad export. Then save. 

Problem solved.

But I do have a new one that arose yesterday. It is the same schedule, but another project: I export scedule, do my thing, and want to import it again. I've done this a 100 times without any issues, using the same template every time,  Yesterday, However, Archicad wouldn't import. See attached images, one is from actual import, the second one is a snag of a part of the log... If it matters, the receiver of this data is all zones...

Imediately I did a dummy test in a fresh project, same tpl. No issues at all.

Which leads me to think that I've accidently did something, like locked the spaces or something...

.Kamelite

2022-04-07_20-51-27.jpg2022-04-07_20-55-33.jpg
Windows 10, Archicad 27

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!