Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing into Google Earth

rgarand
Booster
Is anyone else having problems importing models into google earth? Specifically I am able to import my model into google earth, but it ends up far away from the actual location where it should be. I have set up my project location with all of the correct parameters and correct sea level elevations. When I click "Show in Google Maps" it goes to the correct location.

Am I missing something?
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a similar challenge.

I'm able to get my model to show up in the right neighborhood in Google Earth, but since my model is not right on the origin, google is placing the model file origin on the coordinates.

Since I don't want to move my model in Archicad, it would be great to nudge it in Google Earth. But I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks.
rgarand
Booster
After screwing around with my model, I did find out that Google Earth will locate your model around the, non movable, origin point within ArchiCAD. So you need to move your model...which can be a pain.

We have started placing our front door on the archicad origin. Now the models drop where they are supposed to drop. We do have to adjust the elevation so it nestles into google earth correctly. I do not think the google earth topo mesh is very accurate, at least not as accurate as our topo we model in archicad.

Good luck.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also been experiencing problems with importing so after coming to this forum I placed my model on the origin and tried again. The problem I'm experiencing is now it's even further away from where I want it. Has anyone had any issues with this?