Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing multiple Archicad Objects into Single ACAD Drawing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one out there know how to import multiple Archicad defined objects into Autocad without running into SECTELEM_## collisions.

[Client is not Archicad literate and all redlining is done through AutodCAD]

Translations from Archicad work as expected but everytime I try to merge two different aspects (for example) elevations into one Autocad drawing, I run into one elevation having defined the block elements by the Archicad translator and systematically naming each element with the following convention SECTELEM_01....SECTELEM_02...SECTELEM_03.... and so on.

When I try to import another archicad translated drawing into the same Autocad drawing it tells me that:

Duplicate definition of block SECTELEM_01 ignored
Duplicate definition of block SECTELEM_02 ignored
Duplicate definition of block SECTELEM_03 ignored

which results in a combined drawing that is misssing all the elements of drawing #2 that was already defined in drawing #1.

[See attached pic.]

This is the case in both v9 & v10... A better solution to this naming convention would be to randomize these block/element names so that the changes of collisions would be convention to very small.

(There is a dirty way around this issue by exploding eveything in the second drawing to line elements but this only creates a huge mess if using fill patterns)

I would appreciate any suggestion to get around this collision issue.
0 REPLIES 0