Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Include classifications in custom object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm creating some custom fixtures as objects, and would like to be able to maintain the added classifications across projects. Is there a way to imbed them in the object, or export/import?

I created a custom classification set as in the attached, and would like to re-use the product info fields (once populated) for other projects

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think this is possible to do the way you want it because Library Parts and Classification systems are two non-interdependent things in Archicad and either or both may or may not be present in the Project File at any time.
So, in order for this to work, you would first have to have the Classification System (and probably relevant Properties) imported into the Project File you want to use it, then the Library Parts must also be within either the Embedded Library or a Loaded Library of the Project, and then you would have to save Favorites of the Library Parts which would contain all the specified Classification and Properties and their values. You could then export-import these Favorites into the Project file and then when you have all these available in the File (Classifications, Properties, Library Parts, Favorites), then you could guarantee that, when you activate such a Favorite and use it to place such a Library Part, the Library Part has the correct Classification value and Properties and Property values.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
I don't think this is possible to do the way you want it because Library Parts and Classification systems are two non-interdependent things in Archicad and either or both may or may not be present in the Project File at any time.
So, in order for this to work, you would first have to have the Classification System (and probably relevant Properties) imported into the Project File you want to use it, then the Library Parts must also be within either the Embedded Library or a Loaded Library of the Project, and then you would have to save Favorites of the Library Parts which would contain all the specified Classification and Properties and their values. You could then export-import these Favorites into the Project file and then when you have all these available in the File (Classifications, Properties, Library Parts, Favorites), then you could guarantee that, when you activate such a Favorite and use it to place such a Library Part, the Library Part has the correct Classification value and Properties and Property values.
Thanks for the reply. So if I add the objects to favorites, the classifications will carry over? This would work great if so.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the Properties/Classification values will carry over only if the target Project File also has the same Properties/Classification system imported into it before importing and applying the Favorites that reference those Properties/Classification values.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27