BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedule Frustration!!! - Part 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone explain to me, or point me towards a clear description, of what determines the 3d 'front' view of a door/window in a schedule, as opposed to the 'back' view . Rant follows if you need more info:

I was of the opinion that when you placed the door/window, the side edge of the wall you clicked was the 'front'. The documentation convention i want to maintain is that on a schedule, you see the elevation from outside (that is, from the exterior of the building/room/etc) irrespective of whether the door itself opens towards or away from you.

Now that i've been trying to use the interactive schedule for a bit, i'm not sure.

The front view seems to generally show the side that the door open toward; this is not acceptable - take a scenario where you have a wall with a series of doors that may have varying directions of opening - i think that for the purpose of clarity, the schedule should show all the frames and doors from the same side. I'm aware that you can add a plan view to the schedule, or refer to the floor plan for clarification, but still, the inconsistency seems odd to me.
10 REPLIES 10
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Along those same lines...

Why can I not change the LAYER combination of a Schedule VIEW once it's been created? if I chose the VIEW in the Navigator and MODIFY SOURCE VIEW SETTINGS... layer combo is greyed out?... Stinks when you set up a CLONE to do scheduling...

And, I gather that they layering does not affect the schedule (because the CRITERIA sets all that up)... but when going to a Door Schedule (from the view map) and coming back to the plan, I always have to change layer sets to get the correct layers.

Ugh..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!