Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello There I am new to this and I am using ArchiCAD for abut 2 years.

I have renovation project and i was using "Empty Doors" now when i use command Interactive Schedule for Door Types this Empty Door shows up.
So my question is there a option to not include these doors in the list.

Thanks everyone and keep great work helping each other
21 REPLIES 21
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, this is a flaw in the implementation of the criteria logic of the I.S. Aaron.

The workaround is to use special ID's - either with a prefix or a suffix. Then you can use the ID =X.. criteria to match only things WITH the prefix (for example) ... thus separating your storefronts from other things via the ID text.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all of you for your help. I think I have figured it out. We will just use a prefix desnignating the different type of window: storefront, louver or window. It should work allright.

Hopefully this is something that will be fixed in the next release, along with many other thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay,

Now I have a new problem. In the AC9 Special Edition Library the door markers have this cool ability to pick up the room number and add it to the tag. Which room it associates with is controlled by an editable hotspot. This is great bcause we schedule our doors with the room number.

Ok, now the problem.... How do you get this new door id with the room number to show up in the Interactive Schedule?

Any Ideas?

Thanks again for any help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I could add to this thread and the issue, I have got the Element ID to work and exclude out... BUT....

I need a particular Element ID to always combine into a single row/line. Is this possible? Despite different sizes and types and materials?
Karl Ottenstein
sirduncan wrote:
I need a particular Element ID to always combine into a single row/line. Is this possible? Despite different sizes and types and materials?
Well.. by definition, to group multiple entries into one row, all fields must be identical. If you have different sizes, types and materials, the only way to group is to NOT include those fields in the table. As long as the selected fields are identical for the elements with the same ID, then they can be grouped and counted in one row.

(If it did not behave this way, then what size/type/material would you want displayed in the single row representing elements that have different values? Whatever is shown would be wrong, right? 😉 )

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, and as I have thought about it, it would be terribly intense to program it to do EVERYTHING we ALL want it to do. Although that would be nice too. :]

It looks, then, like we won't ever be able to use the interactive schedule truly interactively. Thats ok - We always place it on the floor plan, edit-cut and place it on a detail. Then we explode it and edit accordingly. oh well. we'll live.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh and Aaron - I didn't mean to butt in - but we don't use the special editions so I don't have an answer there. Sorry.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
TomWaltz wrote:
The IS gets totally borked when you try to use multiple criteria. This is a pretty long-standing bug...
I am having a similar problem so did a search and found this old topic. Can anyone confirm that this bug is still present in ArchiCAD 10 (1010)? Specifically, when I exclude one layer it works fine but try to exclude two and neither are excluded.

And another thing. Why aren't Zone Name and Zone No. available as criteria?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Dwight
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
borked
ooo.
Another word for the censor list.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Geoff wrote:
Can anyone confirm that this bug is still present in ArchiCAD 10 (1010)? Specifically, when I exclude one layer it works fine but try to exclude two and neither are excluded.

And another thing. Why aren't Zone Name and Zone No. available as criteria?
Hi Geoff,

This is a design flaw in the IS - not a bug (you know how that goes! ) and you/we should bring this up with GS.

Your criteria are incorrect which is why it is not working. You have "is not layer x" OR "is not layer y". So, if something is in x, it is not in y, so the criteria is true. Ditto the reverse or any other layer.

What you (and we) want is "is not in layer x" AND "is not in layer y".

But, we cannot say that. To get an "AND", you add a new criteria... BUT...the designers did not think this through very well: once you use on criteria type (eg, Element Type, Layer, etc), you cannot use it again!

Since you cannot specify multiple exclusions via an AND operator... the only option is to specify multiple inclusions via the OR...which is just ridiculous, as one would have to specify every layer except the excluded ones, and if a new layer is added in the future, the schedule would break without further editing.

So - serious design flaw IMHO - which deserves priority attention from GS.

Re: zones name and number - once you have added "Element Type is Zone", and that is highlighted, you can click on the "Additional Paramters" button and find the name and number in the associated zone stamp.

Now, that said... the Element Schedules (I.S.) in 10 do not allow you to filter objects by zones, for example. If you filter Element Type is Object, then there is no option to add another criteria that is by Zone - if somebody wanted all objects contained within particular zones, for example. This is...another design flaw IMHO

HTH,
Karl