Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is Converting a Revit project to ArchiCAD Worth the hassle?

mi_jan
Enthusiast
Hi all,

We have almost converted completely to ArchiCAD over the past year, with the exception of one project that was started in Revit over 4 years ago and will be under construction for the next 4 years. It's under one contract, One Revit File, but Two Drawing Sets. 100% CD's Have been issued for both, one is under construction and the other has not yet started.

We're having a problem with Exporting to consultants as we lose a lot of information, and Autodesk's only solution is to update to the latest version of Revit. When we do, we still lose a lot of information and library parts. A lot of modeling would have to be done to update to the latest version of Revit. (Revit 15 to Revit 18 and you have to keep updating it consecutively)

So the thought is, If we have to do a bunch of modeling anyways, Why not finish phasing out of Revit completely and convert our office completely to ArchiCAD? (Only two people are still working in Revit For the above-mentioned project.).

I remind you, 100CDs have been issued and we currently have about 30 ASI's for the set that is under construction, and 5 ASI's for the set that has not started construction.

TLDR: Is converting a Revit project to ArchiCAD that is under CA worth It?
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
In this case I would byte the bullet and switch to AC.
I would link the IFC and model the minimum necessary.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator