Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is It Possible To Collate Room Name And Number in One Schedule Cell?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Everyone,

Per the title, I was hoping to reduce the number of entries in my schedules and these will be to determine the purchase quantities and types, so every individual instance on an object is not necessary.

Is it possible to do this? I've seen some work arounds in other places that seem to be no longer possible due to some changes in the last versions of Archicad, at least with trying to get the room (zone) name and number on the same line.

Any advice appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Tim Ball
Expert
Yes. Look for edit box top left of formatting area. Choose to combine up to 4 fields as a heading
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This seems to be a slightly different thing: I was thinking that if there are 4 instances of the same door/window that would otherwise have only one entry in a schedule, if those four locations could be present in one cell, in a row for the instances of those locations.
felcunha
Expert
Could you please illustrate your need ? I can't figure it very well...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure, here is a screenshot:

The 'Position i Huset' row would be where each instance of a certain type of door would be placed if there is more than one instance of that door. So, in other words, if I have 20 doors of the same exact type, I can have one column, not 20.
felcunha
Expert
I'm afraid you can't do that automatically. But maybe you should do the opposite : make a schedule of rooms and list the doors in each one of them...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Well, I think you can. Open the Schedule Dialog and check "Merge Uniform Items." You will also want to add a "Quantity" column/row to get totals. However, if there is even a slight variation in the columns/rows (such as room number or zone), it will create a new column or row. You can subtotal any column or row, though, and the solution might involve creating a separate schedule with less columns or rows -- maybe just the door size and type.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
felcunha
Expert
Richard wrote:
Well, I think you can. Open the Schedule Dialog and check "Merge Uniform Items." You will also want to add a "Quantity" column/row to get totals. However, if there is even a slight variation in the columns/rows (such as room number or zone), it will create a new column or row. You can subtotal any column or row, though, and the solution might involve creating a separate schedule with less columns or rows -- maybe just the door size and type.
Yes you can merge uniform items... but how can you tell the rooms are "uniform items" if they are different ?
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Barry Kelly
The only way I know of doing this is if you have a 'custom' text field where you can type in the room names yourself - then delete the field for room name so it does not list in your schedule.

If the room name is unique and it is used as a field then you will always have separate windows showing in the schedule even when 'merge' is active.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11