BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is there a scripting or macro facility in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all:

New member, long time AutoCAD user. Am considering a position with a firm using ArchiCAD. I have an extensive library which will need to be imported into the new firm's libraries. The new firm has a different layer (level) structure, colors, text styles, etc.

Is there a scripting facility in ArchiCAD which will allow me to import my ACAD R14 drawings one at a time, change the various parameters to comform to the new firm's standards, and then save as a new ArchiCAD drawing based on the existing drawing name?

Of course, I would write the necessary code to enable the translation.

Thanks for replies, mods please relocate if this should be in a different topic.

JF
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a DWG-DXF Translator in ArchiCAD that lets you specify rules for conversion between the two programs back and forth.
You can set up rules like to convert certain AutoCAD Layers to certain ArchiCAD Layers by defining pairs.
You can do the same with Pens.

Go to the folloowing page where you can find ArchiCA 15 Help:

http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac15_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

This is the page where you can read about the capabilities of the DWG-DXF Translator.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much.

The new firm is using ArchiCAD 14, and has not yet upgraded. I presume the translator for the previous version is similar? Also, I take it that there is no scripting or macro facility. It has been useful in ACAD for doing certain repetitious tasks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it is similar, no very big changes between the two versions in this respect.

There is no macro facility like the one you are looking for, you would probably have to use the API to achieve something like this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!