BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is there autocad plugin similar to sketchup one?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm refering to this video:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=sketchup+archicad&emb=0&aq=f#
I didn' t try it jet, becouse I use Archicad 12 and Plugin for this version is not ready jet.
The thing is that I find it impossible to buil certain models in archicad, which I can do useing surface modeling. I know how to import separate objects to Archicad, I have also tried the inteligent merging in Archicad, I thought it would work but it didn't ... Mayby I am doing something wrong...
This is what I would like to get.
I export model to Autocad - I modify only some of the elemnts - I import it back to Archicad and I want to get all unchanged elements with their prievious properties and only the others as new binar obiects.
I supose that this sketchup plugin can do it. Do you know any other ways to do it?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
BartekOrni wrote:
I supose that this sketchup plugin can do it.
Nope. It just brings in either a skp file in its entirety, or objects from the warehouse. The skp conversion can either be to bring the model in as an object, or to attempt to convert surfaces to walls, components to objects, etc.

Also, it is Windows only.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for reply. Although I am not happy...
Any other suggestions on how to merdge surface modeling type program with Archicad without loosing all properties of models? I am desperate to solve this problem. Help.
Karl Ottenstein
You can bring anything in as an object. Just not as editable ArchiCAD elements. Save your surface model as 3ds and use the ArchiCAD 3ds importer.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for Your help.
Learn and get certified!