Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Issue exporting custom windows as IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am a BIM-researcher but a beginner in using the software. I just created a custom window in AC16 using the Slab tool and Library and Objects>Save Selection as... (Fig 1). In AC, everything looks fine (Fig 2&3). When I export my walls and windows through selecting them>Save as IFC (General Translator), windows are there, but there is no opening for them in the IFC model (Fig 4).

How can I solve it? Am I constructing the window wrongly or there is some problem with the IFC export?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly that is/was a Bug in 16 don't know if it was fixed. Check that you have the updates for 16.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your hint Eduardo,

I installed the last updates for ArchiCAD 16 and now have another problem: When I try to start the program, I receive a message: "ArchiCAD could not be launched because the following adds-on are missing: MEP modeller. In order for ArchiCAD to start, these add-ons must be placed in this folder:...".

I checked the folder and learned that the "MEP Modeler" folder already exists there and contains an "MEP Modeler.apx" file. I also restarted the computer and ArchiCAD, but it didn't help.

Do you have any clue to solve the new problem?
Eduardo Rolon
Usually you don't need to uninstall a hotfix in order to install a new one.

I think that these steps should fix the problem:

1. Download the MEP add-on from https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/MEP/index.html

2. Install MEP

3. Reapply the last Hotfix.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded and executed "MEP Modeler Downloads for ArchiCAD 16" > "INT for Windows" and installed it at C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16\Add-Ons.

I was though not sure about which hotfix to apply this time, since I had used the "Check for Updates" command in ArchiCAD the previous time, which is not available now since ArchiCAD doesn't start. Therefore, I examined the most recent one for AC16, "Hotfix 5 - build 4010".

While running the hotfix, I got the message "The installed ArchiCAD found at location C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16 has already been updated. Running ArchiCAD again results in an interrupted start and a "Graphisoft Bug Reporter" window.

Then I tried an earlier one, "Hotfix 4 - build 3827" which results in the message "The installed ArchiCAD found at location C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16 is newer than this Hotfix".

Any further advice?
Eduardo Rolon
Out of ideas here. The quick options I see is to uninstall AC16 and reinstall it and MEP, verify that it runs and then apply the patch.

Here's a link to the patches.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/hotfixes/index.html
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator